Friday, March 30, 2007

The Customs House - 51 Stuart Street.

Today I checked out the creepy old Customs House. This place has a long history in Hamilton, mostly a history of being haunted. I desperatley wanted to go in and take a gander, but all tours have to be pre-arranged. I had to settle for being a creep and taking photos from the street, and other than the Customs House, Stuart Street is pretty run down.

Haunted Hamilton has done a few stories on the Customs house, so has the tv show Creepy Canada, the stories about the 'dark lady' that haunts it, are terrifying. I'd like to go in..maybe one day...


Stuart Street

Customs House, fantastic Architecture

New Sign



A covered up Door.




It shocks me how old this building is..










Stay Classy Hamilton.

There wasn't much else going on on Stuart St. Mostly run down factories and construction yards. I think the old Lakeport Brewery building is somewhere in that area too. The Customs House is a powerful building, I urge everyone to check it out. You can park at Bayfront park and walk there in under 2 minutes.

8 comments:

mary said...

I did my highschool coop at the customs house... i stayed up in the attic of the building by myself all day long and i did not see a ghost ever....however...i did want to see a ghost it just never happended...its pretty old and creepy thought if you have an imagination....b i know you definitely have some old country imagination so you wouldve like it...

Anonymous said...

Please note that the Custom House, which is owned and operated by the Workers Arts & Heritage Centre is open to the public from Tues-Sat 10am-4pm. Admission is free, donations appreciated.

For group or school tours please book in advance 905 522 3003.

For ghost tours go to hauntedhamilton.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there to all, it's in fact a pleasant for me to go to see this site, it includes valuable Information.
Visit my page :: electronic cigarette wholesale

Anonymous said...

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your web site.
Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues?
A few of my blog audience have complained about my site not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Firefox.

Do you have any suggestions to help fix this issue?

Review my page :: Max Robust Exterme

Anonymous said...

Can I simply say what a relief to discover someone who actually knows what they are discussing on the web.

You actually understand how to bring a problem to light and make it
important. A lot more people ought to read this and
understand this side of the story. I was
surprised you aren't more popular because you definitely have the gift.

Also visit my web blog - Buy green coffee

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you don't have a donate button!
I'd definitely donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i'll settle for book-marking and adding your RSS feed to my
Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will talk
about this website with my Facebook group. Chat soon!


my webpage - green coffee bean

Anonymous said...

I constantly emailed this blog post page to all my contacts, since if like
to read it next my contacts will too.

Also visit my web-site - bedste e-cig **

Anonymous said...

I was able to find good information from your content.




http://libertyfarm.co.uk.websitedetective.net/

Feel free to visit my web blog; e-cig