Saturday, June 23, 2007

East End Hamilton is Lush

Whenever I tell someone that I live in the 'east end', I almost always get a negative response. "East End?, Really?, isn't that like really dangerous?".
I blame it on Barton Street, it really muddies the water for the rest of the east end, which rocks. One of the best parts of the east end is the green space. The Bruce Trail, Devil's Punchbowl, two golf courses, Confederation Park, Battlefield Caste..and so on...are all in the east end.

These are a few pictures that I recently took on an evening walk, here is a map of the general area.


Looking at the escarpment.
On a clear day, you can see all the way to Burlington, and even Toronto, from this hill.
I believe that this is some sort of a water treatment building, I could be wrong. There are 'Warning: Chemicals" signs everywhere, and I've never seen anyone going in or out, or working there in any capacity. For the past 10 years, this building has been a mystery to me.

This cat knows how to relax and take in the evening sun.
Way to go cat, waay to go.

No comments: