Sunday, September 23, 2007

Westfield Heritage Village

This week's second adventure took place at the Westfield Heritage Village, in Rocton. I realize that this blog is centered around places in Hamilton - but this place is just a 30 minute drive from downtown Hamilton, and is so neat, I just had to include it. You can find directions on their website.

I have been here twice, years ago, so I thought that it would be nice to give it another visit.












I just had to take a picture of this garbage station. Hmm..something tells me that recycling wasn't really a top priority back then. Although, there probably weren't too many things that needed to be recycled. We have a lot more packaging and various man-made materials than they did back in those days.. It is a nice touch, I like how they have kept it in the theme of the park..








This is a popular place for wedding pictures. In the gazebo.












This is really neat. Imagine if these were all over Hamilton, around trees in parks and trails..





I found this building to be the creepiest of them all. Something about this 'ice house' screams: buddy system.










The little white paper sign on the door reads: "Pleeze use back door". Pleeze.














Fall is a good season for photography.



Go to the website and check out the event listings. They have several "Haunted Ghost Walks" planned for 2007-2008 - Although, I wonder how Haunted this really is, since I don't think that many of these buildings were ever used for anything other than the park performances and displays. Either way, I found the place pretty eerie. When I went, the park was open for people to walk around and explore on their own, rog and I were the only ones there. Each time I looked in a window I expected someone, or something, to look back at me. The village is really neat and strange at the same time..check it out and let me know what you think..

No comments: