Saturday, January 26, 2008

Downtown Walk

Two days ago I took a walk downtown before lunch. I was there with the specific intention of finding and photographing a variety of alleys. However, due to the -20 windchill, my adventures were cut short. It was incredibly cold and windy, and I could not take any prolonged walking around. Taking my camera out and setting up the shots was enough for my hands to turn red from the bitter cold.

The Church pictures are from St.Mary's Slovenian Church. It is on McNab Street.

The alley pics were taken around Cannon and James st.

This statue is at the top of St. Mary's, facing the south side.





I love the top of that building. Also, MEX-I-CAN is a good authentic Mexican restaurant.

This was the gate entrance to an alley separating a Ballet school and a European Barber.

This is a block down. I like the fancy design.

This is the back of a building near Cannon and John St. I liked the red.


Without mittens, my hands freeze. But with mittens, I can't control anything on my camera. You win this round Canadian winter, but I'll be back. Oh yes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just had lunch at MEX I CAN.

Good food, but man they need a restaurant makeover.

Biljana said...

I agree, it is a real hole. "Charm" only goes so far when the place is falling apart.