Saturday, May 24, 2008

St. Paul's Church

This church is gorgeous. This is one church that I've always wanted to explore. While the exterior is a gorgeous sight on its own, I've always wanted to see the interior. I've called and left a few messages but I haven't really gotten anywhere with anyone about setting up a tour. Can you just walk in with a camera and take pictures? I doubt it, but I'm not sure.














I've sat on these stairs many-a-time while waiting for the bus.















This is my favourite picture of the set. There is something so beautiful about the aged headstone and the bright vibrant grass and flowers sprouting up.

I'm not quite sure what this is all about. These headstones(?) line the bottom of the right side of the church. The side with the mini graveyard.

This is the back of the church.

R.I.P. John Miller

A solemn way to end the set.


The most darling thing happened to me while I was taking pictures of this church. An elderly Italian man came up to me and asked me about my camera. He had a very charming accent. He told me that when he was young he loved taking pictures. We talked about lenses for a while.

He summed up the love of photography like this: First you take the picture, then you develop the picture, then you have something very nice. Well said.

No comments: