Saturday, May 24, 2008

St.Nicholas Serbian Orthodox Church

This adventure took place at the St. Nicholas Serbian Orthodox church on Barton St East. This is a church that I've visited many times with my family as I am Serbian Orthodox. I usually feel awkward about taking pictures in churches but this was during a tourism open house day. so I felt at ease to let my camera work its magic.


Entrance

It is customary to cross yourself three times before entering the church





In cyrylics this says: The Serbian Orthodox Church of St.Nicholas

















The women stand on the left, and the man stand on the right. Nobody sits. Seats are for the very old or ill. I've seen many church faintings, it can get hot and crowded.







The bottom rim of the big chandalier

Inside of the highest peak: Jesus














This church is very unique and is beautifuly decorated. You should check out an Orthodox church if you ever get the chance.

3 comments:

Adamgv said...

Check out this new Christian band that just released their first album.

From what I heard on the samples site, they sound really good.

Introducing the new Christian National Anthem: Guns & Jesus.


http://ccrg.info/cas.htm

Anonymous said...

Greetings, I think your website may be having browser compatibility issues.

Whenever I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine however, if opening
in I.E., it's got some overlapping issues. I simply wanted to provide you with a quick heads up! Aside from that, great site!

Also visit my web blog ... säkerhetsdörr

Anonymous said...

An intriguing discussion is definitely worth comment. I do think that you ought to write more
about this issue, it may not be a taboo matter but typically
folks don't talk about such issues. To the next! Cheers!!

Also visit my site; nummerupplysningen (wordpress.com)