Sunday, July 6, 2008

Binbrook Conservation - Hiking Trail

My adventure this week took place at the Binbrook Conservation area. This is a very well kept park with long hiking trails and access to the lake, which I believe runs off the Grand River - but I could be wrong.

This is easy to get to, and is just a few turns off Centennial Parkway.





The mosquitoes that day were out in full force, and I was attacked in a big way. I still have red splotches all over my legs and arms.

Beautiful sky

Wild raspberry bush

..and a handful of beautiful wild raspberries which were delicious. This is my favourite picture of the bunch because I had to sit my camera on a ledge and position the camera to have proper focus and everything; it took a few shots to get it right. Tricky business.

My most favourite fruit in the world: wild strawberries.







Lady bug

This plant is very good for tea, I forget how to say it in english.











A random lookout platform. It is pretty high and it offers some great views of the park.

..like this one

...and this one

I had an awesome time at this park, it would be great to come back to it with a bike as all of the trails are maintained well. The wild berries were a really nice surprise, they inspired us to go strawberry picking at a farm near the park. The best part of summer in Hamilton are all of the "pick your own.." farms.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This design is incredible! You certainly know how to keep a
reader entertained. Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to
start my own blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job. I
really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how
you presented it.
Too cool!

Have a look at my blog - Go to my website
my website: View my web page

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I'm at work browsing your blog from my new iphone 4! Just wanted
to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts!
Carry on the great work!

Have a look at my webpage: Click here
Also see my site > My site